- Mendota Heights, MN, USA
- Full Time
Inside Sales Role. Proactively spearhead marketing and sales to new accounts and new account development in a rapidly growing company. Qualify prospects, engage, and convert into customers. Leverage relationship management skills to ensure excellent service leading to customer satisfaction and continued account growth. Monitor and analyze activity against goals. Personal responsibility to open and develop accounts, and maintain business relationships, revenue goals. Work closely with sales team, support, production, product development, and upper management in support of key account activities.
• Develop marketing and prospective "target" lists. Determining and Qualifying appropriate contacts within organizations.
• Initiate new customer contact via telephone and written correspondence.
• Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
• Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
• Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
• Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction based on cost, availability or specifications
• Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers' profitability profiles
• Establish and strengthen customer relationships with decision makers across functions.
• Field account and product related direct calls from key accounts, as well as transferred calls from customer care team for issues and requests that require account manager involvement.
• Provide regular input to upper management on all account activity, including status and reports on a weekly basis.
• Gain thorough understanding of the customer's end use markets, their important customers, and their main competitors.
• Determine customers' unmet needs and translate internally for appropriate follow-up.
• Proactively conduct account reviews with all assigned accounts on a regular basis to review needs and forecasts.
• Provide technical feedback to appropriate internal functions with regard to key account product requirements and enhancements.
• Implement key targeted account strategies for assigned accounts.
• Develop strong working relationship with team members, internally and externally, to ensure the successful delivery of products and services to key accounts.
• Keep strong communication lines open with key accounts.
• Establish and build strong working relationship with key account's upper management team to better understand their business initiatives and how to support them on those initiatives.
• Represent a knowledgeable, efficient, and professional image of company to accounts by handling business in a respectful and professional demeanor.
• Investigate, track, and resolve client concerns in a timely manner, with follow-up when appropriate.
• Implement and manage the effective delivery of key customer programs including communication strategies, customer training, issue resolution, and reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Develop and communicate quotations, proposals, and present budgetary and firm pricing.
• Record and track details of sales activities on CRM and other business systems.
• Represent, by example, company's work ethic and results oriented culture.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• 2 to 5 years + successful account development experience.
• Experience in strategic account development with strong preference for experience in a company that manufactured product sold as a customized system component used by other manufacturers.
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
• Knowledge of proposal writing, negotiating, and contracting.
• Extremely detail oriented.
• High level of initiative and works well in a team environment.
• Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office products
• Excellent proposal and English-writing skills
• Experience using a contact database (i.e. ACT!)
• Ability to work in a company with limited support from other departments.
ADDITIONAL INDUSTRY PREFERENCES
• Lighting background in architectural/commercial LED and/or fluorescent fixtures.
• Solid understanding of light fixture sales channels and organizations.
• Solid understanding of lighting market value chain and value propositions.
• Technical knowledge of LED components and systems.
Four year BA or BS degree in business, sales, marketing, or technical field required.
The company is a highly ethical organization and promotes a strong team as well as individual results oriented work environment. Working conditions are normal for an office and electronics manufacturing environment. Travel within North America is estimated to be less than 10%.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!